Saturday 8 August 2015

Low Calorie Skinny Mexican Pizza Recipe

This is what I had for supper this evening. Its one of my go to dinner meals, coming in at just under 350 calories on myfitnesspal App


 Ingredients
Serving: 1 Skinny Mexican Pizza
Smart Fiesta Large Tortilla Shells 
3 Table sp.- Old ElPaso Thick and Chunky Med Salsa
1 oz- Copped Red Pepper
1 oz- Copped Green Pepper
1oz- Finely chopped Onion
2 oz- cooked shredded boneless skinless chicken breast
1.5oz- Our Compliments partly skimmed cheddar shredded cheese


First  Preheat oven at 350 degrees. Then, spread salsa evenly over tortilla shell. I love the salsa base and you can make it spicier with a hot salsa instead of the medium I used.  

Add onion, red and green peppers. Feel free to add any other vegetables you desire. I like to add olives sometimes but need to add those to my grocery list! 


Next, add the shredded chicken. This was leftover chicken breast from supper from the night before. I have made this recipe with ground turkey and extra lean ground beef, all are super tasty! 


Sprinkle on the beloved cheese! 

  
Bake at 350 degrees for 15 mins or until the tortilla has turned a golden brown.
I like the pizza on its own but my husband loves to dip it in sour cream. 


Enjoy!!!! Its one of my favs! 








1 comment:

  1. Looks yummy and healthy!
    Hi! Stopping by from Mom Bloggers Club. Great blog!
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete